Head of Operations
FreeWorld is seeking an experienced, high-performing, get shit done Head of Operations to join our growing team. The Head of Operations will report to the CEO and is an entrepreneurial team member who will serve as a thought partner to help implement the Founder/CEO’s vision and strategy.
The Head of Operations works with urgency, with excellent communication and time management skills. The Head of Operations supports the CEO in identifying and maintaining high standards and quality programming. The Head of Operations thrives on bringing order to chaos, is a problem solver, and can build strategies at scale. You are passionate about our mission at FreeWorld and understand the outsized and life changing impact that your work will have to support our student’s success.
To end the era of mass incarceration and generational poverty by:
- Placing returning citizens into high wage careers at scale.
- Developing a self-sustaining revenue model to accelerate our growth. Today, we are using income share agreements.
- Creating systemic change by leveraging our incredibly deep layers of graduate data in partnership with the Criminal Justice System to become the Gold Standard for re-entry.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strategic initiatives on a wide variety of topics to meaningfully advance FreeWorld’s efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes
- Partner with the CEO to translate our overall strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth through performance management and quarterly business planning
- Build business cases for new initiatives and set the vision for what we can achieve
- Scope, plan, and execute high-value work product, translating ambiguous strategic questions into tactical roadmaps for design and delivery
- Serve as a key leader in developing the systems, processes, and tools that will allow FreeWorld to ensure high-quality execution on strategic initiatives in the future
- Evaluate our performance by analyzing and interpreting business data and metrics. Establish corrective measures as needed.
- Promote team productivity and nurture a highly inclusive and equitable culture.
- Help with fundraising efforts either in presentations or donor outreach.
- Create revenue streams to help FreeWorld become a self sustaining nonprofit. This could be through placement fees, income share agreements, government contracts, etc.
- Manage partnerships with nonprofits, trucking companies, trucking schools, and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure that our education program is in compliance with FMCSA regulations
What you’ll have:
- Deep passion for second chances and fighting injustice
- A criminal record (preferred, but not required)
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience in the trucking industry (preferred but not required)
- Experienced working in the criminal justice space
- Experience managing and motivating staff
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-faceted, multitasking environment
- An experienced diplomatic problem-solver with excellent judgment, able to complete complex tasks with little or no oversight
- Highly functioning self-starter with a proven ability to work constructively with multiple deadlines, across multiple environments
- Highly articulate and pays close attention to detail, with excellent planning, organizational skills and get shit done mentality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Composed while actively moving work forward within a fast-paced environment
Where you’ll work
The Bay area is preferable because you will be working very closely with our CEO, but we are open to hiring anywhere in the United States. FreeWorld is a 100% remote company.
Board of Directors
- We have a 15 minute introductory call. If we love each other, then…
- You read all of this documentation and sleep on it. If in the morning, you are still super-excited then…
- You write up a 1-page version of an Issue / Proposed Solution about a real issue in your life. To understand how it works, please read Decision-Making (8min).
- You talk to other members of the team.
- We talk again to go through your background for me to know who you worked with.
- We agree on terms, pending references. I talk to a few of the folks that you worked with.
- We start working together on a 30-day contract. If we both think it’s a fit, this moves to a full time role.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is based on experience, but we are targeting $100k - $120k.
- Remote work flexibility
- health insurance, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Creating tremendous impact at scale